REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL! What an amazing
GREENVILLE, SC: Sunday 11/21/21 7:30 PM at the Radio Room. CAROLINA REGIONAL POETRY SLAM! The annual regional poetry slam to crown the top poet in North and South Carolina with a $1000 in prize money! Don't miss the top 10 slam poets of the region showcase their power and spoken word skills! HOST Moody Black.
Audience tickets are available via Eventbrite.
HOST: Moody Black. Bout Manager: Black Phoenix
Wits End Poetry's mission is to mentor and grow Carolina poetry talent in order to help poets make a living as poets. The poetry slam events do have a short open mic available for those with "audience tickets" which happens from 7:30 to 8:00pm.
REGISTER NOW! VIA CASHAPP ($WITSENDPOETRY) OR PAYPAL. REGISTRATION IS OPEN. Cashapp $15 to $witsendpoetry with the words POET. "poet name" to register or register ABOVE with Paypal. $15 General Admission. Buying an audience ticket does not register you for the slam.
1. Prize Money: First $800. Second. $200
2. Bout draw is at 7:15pm
If you are late for the draw, you will automatically be the 1st poet in the slam!
3. We are only taking 10 poets. No Waiting List. No refunds.
4. No Tie for First. In the event that there is a tie for first after the third round, then each poet tied for first will perform one additional poem. A coin flip will determine order. Judges will vote for the winner by writing down the name of the poet who they believe should win.
5. Three Round Poetry Slam. 10-6-3. First two rounds are cumulative. Final round is clean slate. Order will be high to low for second round. Final round will be redrawn for order.
6. The Time Limit. 3:00 minute time limit. A poet is certainly allowed several full seconds to adjust the microphone and get settled, but as soon as s/he makes a connection with the audience (“Hey look, she’s been standing there for 10 seconds and hasn’t even moved”), the timekeeper can start the clock.
7. Influencing the Crowd Before the Bout Begins. Poets are allowed to talk casually with anyone in the crowd before the bout begins (except the judges, if they have already been chosen). They are not, however, allowed to give anything to the audience or have anyone do this for them. See full PSI
tournament rules for more information.